|Riffers||Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, Bill Corbett|
|Series||Mutant/Nightmare at Noon|
|Date Released||May 8, 2012|
Mutant is a 1984 horror film. It was initially released to theaters as Night Shadows, but it premiered on video with the Mutant title, which it has retained for all subsequent VHS and DVD releases. It shares cast members, themes and plot devices with Nightmare at Noon. RiffTrax released their riff in May 2012.
Description and PreviewEdit
Two brothers Josh (Wings Hauser) and Mike (Lee Montgomery), are run off the road by local rednecks and forced to spend the night in a small town whose inhabitants are suffering from a mysterious disease. Mike goes missing and so Josh has to team-up with the Sheriff (Bo Hopkins) to defeat the mutating townsfolk. The film was directed by John "Bud" Cardos. Mark Rosman was originally hired to direct, but was replaced by Cardos early in the production after the studio objected to the way he was shooting the film. Mutant was a production of the notorious Edward L. Montoro, and this film's budget was one of the contributing factors to the downfall of Montoro's company, Film Ventures International. Dick Clark served as an uncredited producer as well.
Cast and CrewEdit
- Wings Hauser as Josh Cameron
- Bo Hopkins as Sheriff Will Stewart
- Jody Medford as Holly Pierce
- Lee Montgomery as Mike Cameron
- Marc Clement as Albert Hogue
- Cary Guffey as Billy
- Jennifer Warren as Dr. Myra Tate
- Mutant shares many themes and plots devices with Nightmare at Noon, a later RiffTrax 2012 release also starring Wings Hauser and Bo Hopkins . Kevin Murphy describes Nightmare at Noon as a "sort of weird sideways sequel" to Mutant in Talkin' RiffTrax.
- This is one of multiple movies supplied to RiffTrax by Multicom Entertainment Group. Although this movie was released through RiffTrax in 2012, 5 years before any other movie associated with MEG.